Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

LIT ANALYSIS #3

Topics and/or Events
1.) The nonfiction book I read is called Cardboard Gods by Josh Wilker. It is a memoir about his life as a one-year-old in 1969 till his mid-30s in 2005. In this memoir Josh talks about his relationship with baseball and how it's helped him grow up and cope with the problems in his life.

2.)The author Josh Wilker, wrote this book based upon his life, a memoir of his past events.

3.) I chose this book to read because a friend of mine recommended it to me so I gave the book a read and didn't judge the book by its cover. One thing that made me keep reading the book is that it began during my favorite time period the 60s and 70s so I knew of a lot of what was mentioned such as music relations.

4.) I defiantly found the book realistic since it was a memoir of his life. The book does not connect to myself and life, the reason for this is because he had his mother and father but his mother had an affair and all during the while his brother was growing to become a druggie. I do not have a mother nor a brother none of the events that occurred during his life relates to my life and major events.

People
1.) The book is based on the author so all characters are real people in real life and time. So i believe the question is irrelevant.

2.) One of the characters in the story is his brother Ian which has brown curly hair and white pale skin. He reads books and plays baseball. Ian was a big inspiration to Josh and motivated Josh for most of his life. The second character isn't necessary a character but objects which were his baseball cards the cards were TOPPS baseball cards a brand of cards that were collectable items.

3.) The characters/objects were a big significants in his life which inspired or guided him through his life.

4.) One example of direct characterization is when he describes his father as an absent-minded sociologist. Another is when he describes his brother as a young Jim Palmer.

5.) No.

6.) There is no protagonist for it is a memoir/autobiography.

7.) Yes I did because I knew about himself and his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment